• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Purple Orange PinStripe Fountain Pen

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Hello pen friends.

This acrylic was sourced from the famous Omas pen factory when it closed down and it’s a really lovely colour combo (IMO).

I put a purple liner in the barrel so the cap threads matched the section to give a bit of continuity.

I’m pretty happy with it and like the way the orange enamel finial coin looks. The accent rings are sterling.

The clip is bought from Beaufort, and the nib is a Jowo no6. Inside there is a screw-in Schmidt converter.

Cheers
Ash

IMG_2462.jpegIMG_2466.jpegIMG_2468.jpegIMG_2455.jpegIMG_2457.jpeg

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
WOW....
Does that come with sunglasses....that's one bright pen and I love it....
The orange and purple really do go well, not a pairing I'd have thought off, so we'll done....Great turning and finish as always:drool::drool:

SorinS

First Name
Sorin
Hello pen friends.

This acrylic was sourced from the famous Omas pen factory when it closed down and it’s a really lovely colour combo (IMO).

I put a purple liner in the barrel so the cap threads matched the section to give a bit of continuity.

I’m pretty happy with it and like the way the orange enamel finial coin looks. The accent rings are sterling.

The clip is bought from Beaufort, and the nib is a Jowo no6. Inside there is a screw-in Schmidt converter.

Cheers
Ash

View attachment 52190View attachment 52191View attachment 52192View attachment 52193View attachment 52194
That's a great work! I always wanted to ask you: do you make the cap finial ornament (that "splash") by yourself, kind a "lost wax" technique, or resin work, or.....? LE: Just saw the mention of "enamel"... although I know what enamel is, that makes me more confused because I don't know the technique! :))))