• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Question For Smart Phones Owners!

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Having used lots of different OS's I don't think it is hype. Apple stuff is simply easier to use and more secure.

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Yes Mark I have four phones, my latest is an Apple 5 something given to me by my daughter. She lives in my area and upgraded to the latest, bought our grandaughter 13 the latest Apple vand her husband has an all swinging dancing Apple as well. I am no manual to help but base my remarks on their experiences over so many years now.

From the Brick I had to carry I have an antipathy and dislike being on call 24/7 so I restrict useage of mine to a minimum.

My contract with Telstra gives free calls to our mobile from our home phone.I noticed when you visited you had a tight contract with your existingt phone.

Peter.

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
Would that be

A question for "smart" phone owners or "smart phone" owners

All my family had I phones, that was where the problem was. :rolling: they were always face timing and live messaging it got on me t**s as I couldn't join in.

So I now have an I pad and iPhone, so I can join in..:winking:
In our family we just look at each other and talk the house is sufficiently open plan that we don't need to face time each other.:thinks::funny:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Sony xperia phones are the best i have found

My last phone was a Sony Xperia Z3 I was happy with it, loved the 20.7MP camera.
But it slipped out of my pocket an 1/2 submerged into a swim pool before I grabbed it, it now on permantly on the home screen nothing happens when you touch the screen,:sob: but still can use the camera to take photos.

Next camera will have a case like an otterbox.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
My contract with Telstra gives free calls to our mobile from our home phone.I noticed when you visited you had a tight contract with your existingt phone.

Peter.

What contract do you have Peter?

I had pay as you go, at the time we were down your way every time we put credit on it, it would be chewed up, visited a nuber of Telstra shops while we were away, no one could help.
When we got home I spent hours on the dog and bone trying to get someone that spoke "English" that I could decipher what they were saying and finally found some one, he put a block on the data. I only use the internet with wifi at home.
No problem since.
Well til it decide it wanted a swim.:sob:

Skil Phil

I have a push button phone that says 'hello'- 'yes'- 'no'-' goodbye'.
Has bluetooth which I like for the car kit.
All I need. I think it has a camera but never used it. Hate SMS's as well.
If you want to communicate - TALK.
Phil

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
What contract do you have Peter?

I had pay as you go, at the time we were down your way every time we put credit on it, it would be chewed up, visited a nuber of Telstra shops while we were away, no one could help.
When we got home I spent hours on the dog and bone trying to get someone that spoke "English" that I could decipher what they were saying and finally found some one, he put a block on the data. I only use the internet with wifi at home.
No problem since.
Well til it decide it wanted a swim.:sob:

My contract became complicated and tailored over time when Phil suggested the problems on this site may be caused by IP addies churning etc. I closed that avenue. Many other special deals were done by Telstra so analyse your own needs Mark and go for it. I am not wedded to cell phones nor will be, the family would like to check us 24/7 so we have the Apple on a very old 5.00 a mth contract with calls starting at 30 cents a minute, so with free calls to mobiles on our main plan 5.00 dollars a month to carry the phone for emergencies suits us. Good luck with yours, I find the Phillipine call centre 100% percent for comprehension and real service. I give them 10 out of ten most every time. One time some horrid circumstance chucked me off line they spent half a day with me restoring that well outside normal service.

Our slender incoming phone line has sagged somewhat with visiting and resident Possums, its a miracle we can receive calls let alone us the broadband. I do find the aid of the boss call centre persons invaluable if there is any doubt. Good luck mate. An hilarious call I received when we first were given the mobile phone was a face to face request from our granddaughters boy friend, she had use of the phone before us.

Peter.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
In our family we just look at each other and talk the house is sufficiently open plan that we don't need to face time each other.:thinks::funny:

Yep, that would be really cool, the problem is my family are spread wide and thin so talking face to face is difficult with the many Miles between us.

FaceTime is an excellent tool for keeping in touch and watching grandchildren grow, they get to know you as well as you knowing them even with the distance it really is a help.

As for I mesanging it's so easy to have the groups that they all get the same message, easier to coordinate family events and everyone gets the same information.

As much as I like to say I enjoyed my Android phone for the freedom from "Appleprison", the IPhone has made things easier for the family. ( I couldn't get them all to change to Android :whistling:)

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
With Wilma and me there are 75 members of our own family only three live in my city, my home phone plan takes them all in free no hidden extras, home or cell both covered. Data is a hidden nightmare or can be.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).