• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Quick project (not)

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
As this is wood based project I have put it here.

Another toy/model for one of the great grandsons. The second photo is just the start of the tracks each link including the pins have 5 pieces in them and there is a total of 60 altogether so lots of parts just for the tracks.

Attachments

• DSCF2759.jpg
    DSCF2759.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF2790.jpg
    DSCF2790.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 53

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
That's looking impressive, I can see some nice turned leavers in the cab too....
If you keep this up we will have to rename you 'Tonka D' :banana::banana:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
AS usual I await the completion that always promotes your skill and precision.,lots happening in your country right now.Kind regards mAte.
:goesred::goesred:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thank you Mark and Peter.

That's looking impressive, I can see some nice turned leavers in the cab too....
If you keep this up we will have to rename you 'Tonka D' :banana::banana:

I cheated and used some Walnut dowel as I had a some left from another past project. By the way would you like me to send you a razor kit:funny::funny::funny:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
It looks like a badger brush to me Mark but then I need my eyes cleaning. :funny:
Like Peter I await the finished project as I know it will be superb Derek.:thumbs:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I must say Mark they would never confuse us two, my manager at work tied to force me have a shave and haircut.
I said I have had my hair and beard longer than you have been alive. :funny:
When this china virus started the GM said she would like me to shave but she couldnt force me to.
So I asked her about all the doctors with beards (the ones that call a 3 day goth a beard) she said she didnt like it but there was nothing she could do.:banana:

My father was follicly challenged and regularly got what was left of his hair, I developed a phobia of barbers at a very very young age. :funny::funny:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Been a hectic week end so very little done on the build. We also had a weekend at a woodfest everything wood came away with a little spending money after selling some of my woodturning. I now need to get some more pieces turned but luckily I have some time to do that in.

Anyway with that and other things going on the last week I have managed to remake the links and today spent the day sanding each one so they interlink correctly by rounding off the faces where they join. The picture shows 3/4 of them done but I have actually managed to complete all of them after taking the photo the pins are just there temporarily for the moment just need to cut 58 tread pieces and 58 guide pieces before gluing in the pins.

Things should soon speed up as the tracks always seem to drag on especially as I had to make the links twice.

Attachments

• DSCF2791.jpg
    DSCF2791.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).