• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

re-stylized slimline pens

pittswood

Fellow
First Name
Kelvin
Without taking anything away from Peter and his fantastic shaped Slimline's, I had ago at turning a few, on his lines, of slimline's. Not to good to start with. Some of the clips did not line up with the grooves, but that's a minor adjustment on my part.
They feel better in the hand than others I have done in the past, so could sell quickly.
Kelvin.

Attachments

• 4 Stylized slimline pens.jpg
    4 Stylized slimline pens.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 43

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
The broader slimline pens always evoke a Marmite response Kelvin, the world would be boring if we all liked the same things.

I like them and the shape has a great effect of wanting to pick it up and feel/touch them. but that's possibly me having a wood fetish.

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
Likewise Eamonn, likewise, touchy, touchy!
Kelvin, I have zero problem with the pen barrel dimensions I prefer them with a bit of meat on the bone.
My only comment was on the slimline centreband which, to me, make your pens look constricted in the middle.
To each their own. As Eamonn @silver says....if everyone all liked the same thing it would make for a boring world.

Mike Bird

First Name
Mike
Without taking anything away from Peter and his fantastic shaped Slimline's, I had ago at turning a few, on his lines, of slimline's. Not to good to start with. Some of the clips did not line up with the grooves, but that's a minor adjustment on my part.
They feel better in the hand than others I have done in the past, so could sell quickly.
Kelvin.
They look good to me I like adding a bit of shape.

Mike Bird

First Name
Mike
I have made many Slimlines with shape. You either love them or hate them but don't stop trying.
Here are a few of mine from the past.

Attachments

• IMG20240130134818.jpg
    IMG20240130134818.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 5