• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Rebar pen

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Made for the Steelies working outside our house for many months on a big construction for stormwater. We became good friends during this time. Gave and sold quite a few.

HINT choose if you can the softer(just a bit) Rebar used for bending. I did,nt know this at this time. Tough drilling. I lessened the weight but installing brass sleeves, also makes changing biros a breeze.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Often wondered about using rusty Rebar in concrete never had a real answer.

In a nearby city Queanbeyan on our border in NSW the Govt there built their Council chambers using deliberately rusted steel finish on the outside, gives me the shudders.:rolling:

THe pens look nice when buffed to a shine.

Peter.

angelo49

Registered
First Name
Angelo
Peter, the ''deliberately rusted steel '' is Cor-Ten Steel.
It's made to rust on the surface which forms a protective
barrier. In the 70's they used quite a bit of it here.
The big sell was ''maintenance free, no painting''.
I installed a lot of it in the form of ''finger joints'' on a few bridges
in the NY area.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Peter, the ''deliberately rusted steel '' is Cor-Ten Steel.
It's made to rust on the surface which forms a protective
barrier. In the 70's they used quite a bit of it here.
The big sell was ''maintenance free, no painting''.
I installed a lot of it in the form of ''finger joints'' on a few bridges
in the NY area.

Thanks Angelo having spent my time preventing its hard to celebrate the appearance of rusted. I take your point though it has its place. Thanks mate.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).