• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
My website has always been a bit pants and I've never really had any control over it, due to being a computer numpty!

Ben Cook (BensBespoke on here), has started me off with a new site that I can actually use! It's all a bit raw at the mo, but I have managed to upload some magazine articles after his little lesson today.

It is still very basic, but let me know what you think!

http://www.workerinwood.co.uk/

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
That looks really good Neil.

The only thing I would change is I would take down your mobile number..I did that and ended up changing my number because it got hacked.. They even tried to put two new phones and two I pads on the account..

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Looks nice and slick, and professional Neil. I can't comment on Eamonn's suggestion, but I have one along similar lines, which is that you might want to consider "unlinking" your email address. Definitely list it there, but not as a link - put a live contact form there instead if you can, otherwise you are heading for a spam fest. DAMHIKT.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks chaps.
The contact details were just to show me how to upload stuff, and will be replaced with a contact form.:thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Looks good to me "Numpty" :ciggrin: Not sure you should put your photo on the web site though, might scare the punters.:whistling:

Having sampled Alis catering you're not charging enough for the day courses.

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Looking good Neil. :thumbs:

My only suggestion would be to make the home page more of an advertisement for what you are trying to sell. The stuff about courses is all there but you have to go and look for it via a small menu at the top of the page. It should hit you in the face as soon as you arrive on the site. You could link from some headlines or pictures on the home page to the courses page and a separate gallery page to give it bigger impact.

Graham_C

Fellow
First Name
Graham
That's a great start Neil :thumbs: As has been mentioned - telephone numbers and emails are, sadly, a no-no. Good advice from Walter as far as the landing page is concerned.

Good luck!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).