• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Recent Project...

Gregory Hardy

Graduate Member
First Name
Greg
I recently completed a project that has just come around full circle.

I made a set of five pens as a "fund-raiser" of sorts, but also to honor a young man who lost his life in service of his nation and - perhaps moreover - to honor his parents who are also my neighbors. Follow the link to see a brief video explaining the creation of the pens and the story behind them. Though I do sell pens (and even try to do so at a profit), no amount of money could buy the things Jason's parents said to me in thanks.

Here's a look at the pens. The auctions for the two that were for sale raised nearly a thousand dollars. Not a bad day's work, eh?

IMG_2086.jpg

Cpl Jason L Dunham Ltd Ed Pens - YouTube

Morse

Graduate Member
First Name
Dave
Greg.
A very well planed and thoughtful set of pens.
I take my hat off to people like yourself that can bring a "theme" to our pen making.
Really well done.
Dave

Gregory Hardy

Graduate Member
First Name
Greg
Thank you, Dave. That one was easy because it was heartfelt. Jason's mother, Deb, is also one of the teachers who works for me. Beautiful hometown family. Five pens seems hardly enough. Thanks again, sir.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Greg you have shown today the very essence of craftsmanship and endeavor I seek daily in making pens. Rarely have I seen workmanship such as yours applied personally to a veterans family in this manner, direct humility and respect I will never forget.

Peter.

Gregory Hardy

Graduate Member
First Name
Greg
Thanks for the kind words, Peter. I am thrilled that the money raised (with the sale of the two) went to a hunting preserve that caters to disabled vets per the request of the parents. The organization takes men on hunting excursions for the day (and their wives shopping for the day) as a happy retreat from their regular hospital and counseling visits. It's a fine cause, and it was a joy to help them.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).