• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Refillable nibs for kitles pens

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I have used these in kit replacement form.... Basically it's a rollerball to replace a fountain pen nib, so it uses std ink cartridges or refillable cartridges..

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
I’ve used these. I once made a pen that had two sections. One took a fountain pen nib and the other took one of these rollerball nibs. As Mark says the ink is supplied via cartridge/converter exactly like a fountain pen. Needs a 6.5x0.5 tap.

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
Morning,
These rollerball nibs are quite a nice idea. I've made a few for customers and more for myself! They have distinct advantage over fountain pen nibs in that when left open for more than a few minutes they don't dry out - great when using one in the workshop or study.
Chriscb

Attachments

• IMG_5075.jpeg
    IMG_5075.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5076.jpeg
    IMG_5076.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
Yeh just like a nib and feed, but a lot easier to make than either a Bock #5 or #6 nib. Not sure about a Jowa. The one pictured was my first - out of clear acrylic so I could see the innards for fitting et al.

Attachments

• IMG_5077.jpeg
    IMG_5077.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15

Curly

Graduate Member
First Name
Peter
My first abomination of a kitless pen used a Schmidt Rolling Writer. Basically the same as Phill sells, maybe even one in the same. I chose it because it was interchangeable with the Schmidt #5 nib so the same section could be use with either. Not sure if the Bock #5 nib is the same.

Pete