• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Regency Band

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I like the look of the worktop Lons

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It does look good with the oak doors though my wife isn't the most careful person so it gets minute scratches over time. Takes me about 30mins with a ROS and 600g abranet discs once in a while to put it back to as new so as she loves it, I'm happy enough with the "brownie points" I get.

I went a bit mad though, kitchen has a sizeable L shaped top plus a 1000 x 900 square breakfast bar and I made an oak framed table for the breakfast room with top to match the benches. Added to that I matched the worktops in the new utility which is a fair size. (I did sell 2 more mistral kitchens off ours though:thumbs:)

As an aside, I don't think it's worth the effort of posting but if any of the members local to me are going to the show by car and happy to transport I can send some blanks down for anyone who wants to try them. I can't get to the show unfortunately as the powers that be have made other plans apparently!

Bob

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
They do a great colour range Doug ....do you know how thick it is ?

If it's acrylic then it will turn with care.

I turned 50mm square clear acrylic bar to a cylinder and polished back to glass clear so if I can do it, anyone can! It was many years ago mind so I can't remember exactly how I did it.

Why don't you pick a couple of colours and contact the manufacturers direct asking for samples so you can make a choice - you might get lucky.

Bob

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
They do a great colour range Doug ....do you know how thick it is ?

The stuff I've had my mitts on was 18mm I seem to remember:thinks: it's been a while but next time I see the chap I got it off I'll see what samples he can supply.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).