• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Results are through on first castings.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
P1030425.jpg

The results of my first casting :-

Top one....the first ever... is a gaudy Uranium Orange and Royal Blue multiswirl blank, unfortunately...as mentioned in a previous post... the Royal Blue element of the blank ended up in the dustbin. The orange colour was self mixed from a set of liquid pigments purchased at the same time as the resin. I don't see any bubbles in or on the blank and I wont be sure that I haven't 'over cooked' it, re the brittleness, until turning. Overall I like what came out of the mould and leaving out the blue part may turn out to be beneficial, if I can get round to showing it....made up.... to a few of the towns football supporters.

Bottom... Pleased with this because I though that the glitter might sink to the bottom but I seem to have a good spread of the stuff all through the blank. The glitter shows up much better in real life. Hopefully the granddaughter will end up with a nice pen.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
You are now on your way and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next:thumbs:

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).