• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ringed gidgee nth queensland

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Out in the tough country this timber was sourced. It is one of the worlds tough timbers with a lovely ripple through it.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF8405.JPG
    DSCF8405.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 30

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I believe you can from Ligna? he has a long list of our timbers. Soon I hope to have surplus of the Gidgee and the last pen I showed. As I said in reply to a post on that last pen. Also a variety of Aussie timbers have been available by an aussie dealer a while back, he is a member on this site. Peter when he was running the competitions bought heaps check with him.

I was burned badly by a guy who had visions of making a pen from every timber he could ,I bought in 130 Australian pen blanks, he then kept saying he was travelling again hang on a few times then dropped out of sight. Alas I will not put myself in this position again. I wish him well as a member of this forum but.

Peter.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
That a stunner Peter, excellent fit and finish as always.

The wood is superb and shows the marking really well, never turned any of it myself but certainly looks nice.

One for the "to do" for me.

The last stuff that I thought was hard turning was the Axehead wood from down your neck of the world but the markings on it are no where as nice.

Thanks for sharing.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).