• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Rizheng Executive Clicker

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I drilled a red gum blank and fitted the tube out of the kit for the Executive Clicker from Rizheng, I have just come to assemble it and the tube is far to big, the fittings drop in and drop out, the baaastards have supply the wrong tube, so not only do I now need to measure the tube to get the best fit drill bit, but I have to test fit the fittings before starting:vangry::vangry::vangry::down:

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Not good in my eyes, and just to think only a few minutes ago i was browsing their site .. :rolling:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Not good in my eyes, and just to think only a few minutes ago i was browsing their site .. :rolling:

I browse their sit quite often and then remember the stack of kits I have got and don't buy any more.

I have just found another kit with the correct sized tube and that tube will fit inside the oversized tube, but is 3mm shorter. Baaarstards:vangry:

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Not good Peter, not good at all.

It's annoying having spent time, effort and wood only to find it was a waste of time. Baaarstards:vangry: I can't think of another kit that uses the oversized tube.

Peter

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
If he was still on here I think Grump would say you should have checked the components before you started! :whistling:

I feel your pain though ... :sob:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
If he was still on here I think Grump would say you should have checked the components before you started! :whistling:

I feel your pain though ... :sob:

Never had the wrong sized tube before and I measure every tube to get the best fit drill bit, but now I will be checking the tubes are the correct ones for the rest of the components. It only happens once.

Peter

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Peter cut the new tube in half & glue it in from both ends of your blank till flush at each end. It doesn't matter that it doesn't meet in the middle. I've done this myself & it's worked ok.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Peter cut the new tube in half & glue it in from both ends of your blank till flush at each end. It doesn't matter that it doesn't meet in the middle. I've done this myself & it's worked ok.

I have done that also when I didn't get the tube in a blank quick enough and half of it was sticking out, so I cut it and glued it in the other end. I don't think I am going to bother wasting a tube from another kit on it, the piece of red gum isn't all that spectacular so I will just keep it as is, as a reminder.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).