• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Rosewood Cocobolo Double ender.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I started off with the intention of hexing, gave that up cause judging is by us and we all know each others different work. I enter to support the forum only. Enjoyed making this pen. I let a bit more light into the pics cause the timber is very deep. This piece came from a board I bought in the North of the USA from a guy who lost out using this timber(with a King size allergy to Rosewood) and a mate cut it down and sent it to me never cheap I like this timber the glass like finishing is incredible. One more comp to go this year after that I will not enter any more it seems like an unhappy thing to do for me so many members and so few entries.

Kind regards.....................Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF7444-001.JPG
    DSCF7444-001.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF7459-001.JPG
    DSCF7459-001.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF7483-003.JPG
    DSCF7483-003.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 61

Sgreen

Registered
First Name
Simon
Really nice pen. Hope you continue to enter the competitions because I have almost got the finish on my pens how I want and then I hope to be entering. Be good to beat a mix of nationalities... :love_it:

pittswood

Fellow
First Name
Kelvin
Peter,
That's a stunner and the lustre and deep sheen is incredible. I take my hat off to you sir!
Anyone would be very happy to have made that kit.
Must try rosewood, its looks a nice wood.
Well done Peter.
Kelvin

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Another beauty from the competition:thumbs:

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Really nice pen. Hope you continue to enter the competitions because I have almost got the finish on my pens how I want and then I hope to be entering. Be good to beat a mix of nationalities... :love_it:

I accept the challenge mate let the competition be judged by someone outside of the forum bit like footy, nothing better than an international to stir the imagination. My next door neighbor came from Sheffield in the 40,s to the middle 50,s when I married, great guy. He worked as a carpenter previous on the wonderful Sydney Harbor Bridge.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Peter,
That's a stunner and the lustre and deep sheen is incredible. I take my hat off to you sir!
Anyone would be very happy to have made that kit.
Must try rosewood, its looks a nice wood.
Well done Peter.
Kelvin

Send me your addy etc by pm and I will send you a long blank from the same board, about a foot long by about an inch squared. Cut across the grain.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).