• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Rust Remover

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
005.jpg
Having decided we no longer need such a large bungalow due to lack of children we have decided to downsize, I now have to sort out the things I am going to sell. Due to lack of use some of the smaller items have gone rusty, not wanting to use traditional methods I found a product on the internet called EVAPO-RUST write ups and You Tube videos looked good and its eco friendly, re-usable washes off with water.
This spanner is the result of a 2hr soak a rub with a toothbrush and a wash in hot water.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Good find. I use citric acid from the chemist which I found also works again it can be flushed down the drain.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
This is the best way I've found for getting rid of rust.

ELECTROLYTIC RUST REMOVAL (ELECTROLYSIS)

Unlike other chemicals like citric acid it does not effect the surface (dulling) of the steel, if only attacks the rust. I've cleaned loads of stuff with this method using my battery charger and washing soda.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).