• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sander

Curly

Graduate Member
First Name
Peter
I have to ask if you turn your blanks round and parallel before squaring the ends? Reason for asking is if the blank isn't drilled dead centre and perfectly square or round, the ends may not finish off square to the tube. I use a transfer punch (aka disassembly tool) clamped in the V block for the tubed blank to slide on. Ensures a squared blank every time even with irregular blanks like antler.

Pete

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
I have to ask if you turn your blanks round and parallel before squaring the ends? Reason for asking is if the blank isn't drilled dead centre and perfectly square or round, the ends may not finish off square to the tube. I use a transfer punch (aka disassembly tool) clamped in the V block for the tubed blank to slide on. Ensures a squared blank every time even with irregular blanks like antler.

Pete
The v block in the picture is to take the transfer punches Pete