• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sapele and Idigbo Jewellery box

Barry

Graduate Member
First Name
Barry
Save from the fire Sapele off cuts 8 inches long and 3 inches sq few things went wrong the lining and the hinges,
and the screws 3/8 no2 13p each from the locale robbing wood yard ordered from china now,
Finished 400 grit friction polish and waxed

Attachments

• DSCF1661.jpg
    DSCF1661.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF1662.jpg
    DSCF1662.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF1663.jpg
    DSCF1663.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 60

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
That's the sort of thing I want to get into Barry. Any problems with the weight of the lid pulling the screws out. I know you can get purpose made box hinges but they're about £35.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Solid box there Barry I always remember the salt box when I was a kid mass produced lasted for years and years. Any box depends on who has access to it. Wonderful to redirect the Sapele.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).