• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Satsuma Fountain Pen

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Happy Friday Pen People!

Crikey it’s a bit grim out there, and I’m not just talking about the weather.

So how about a vivid orange fountain pen to brighten up your day a bit? (I’m afraid it’s all I’ve got to offer).

This is a really lovely blank in acrylic (sorry Alan) and I've added a bit of sterling silver trim and an Argentium silver logo coin. The clip is chrome plated steel. It has a Jowo no 6 ink delivery system (or nib if you prefer).

Wishing you all a great weekend.

Cheers
Ash

IMG_6933.jpegIMG_6935.jpegIMG_6939.jpegIMG_6942.jpegIMG_6927.jpegIMG_6930.jpeg

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
Ash, I enjoy looking at all the pens that you post ( even the acrylic ones ) as they are superbly made.
You are a crafsman. The little trims elevate all your pens, so thanks for showing.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
As always mate, stunning work... Personally I think the blank looks like a bar of Caramac, lovely accents too... Really well done! :drool: :drool:

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
I like the lines and trim which work really well from some angles!

I generally like orange but not sure if it’s the flash or angles as it looks washed out in some shots and what I would call flame orange ( and fantastic ) in others ? Beautiful tho and no dis respect as way beyond my pay grade Ash .

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
Well as always loving your work, although being an orange fan and your description of vivid orange I thought I was going to get "tango'd" ... so I could take a stronger orange colour :winking:

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Thank you all.

Yes this pen is brighter in real life. I took these photos outside at around 4:30 and it was just starting to get dark (plus the storm was still around) so it has taken a little of the brightness out of it. It’s definitely quite a bright colour but more like the inside of a satsuma than the outside.

Cheers
Ash