• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sculpted Arbor Corn Cob

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
This is my first corn cob pen. The corn cob is stabilized from Exotic Blanks. The pen is a Sculpted Arbor from PSI. It's basically a fancy flat top pen. This is only my second CA finish, and the first was on antler. I didn't polish the antler, I only applied CA to seal it. I applied several light coats of CA to this one. I dry sanded it with 320 and 400 grit. Then wet sanded it with MicroMesh and polished it with Meguiar's PlastX. I made this for my mother who LOVES corn on the cob. Unfortunately, she can no longer eat corn since she developed ulcerative colitis. I'm very happy with how it turned out, and I think she'll get a kick out of it.

Attachments

• 082.JPG
    082.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 083.JPG
    083.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 084.JPG
    084.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 52
  • 076.JPG
    076.JPG
    351 KB · Views: 53
  • 075.JPG
    075.JPG
    332.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 085.JPG
    085.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 077.JPG
    077.JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 52

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
It's very well made Jim, it looks good enough to eat, for your Mother it's to have and to have not. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
love what you have done excelent turning and finish not a fan of the kit but thats just me

angelo49

Registered
First Name
Angelo
Very nice Jim!!:thumbs::thumbs:
I like it.
Just got a batch of ''raw'' cobs from Terry Q. I'm surrounded by corn fields here in PA
but won't get any cobs untill maybe the end of Sept.
Made four pens but let them go without taking pic's.
Thanks Again Terry

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).