• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Segment Pen Blanks

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
After looking at some great segment pens on the forum I would love to try and make some. Can anyone give me the know how for making the blanks.

Glen:drool:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
To get started just try a few simple 45deg cuts on a pen blank (I use a mitre saw) and inlay some different colours of wood veneer, plastic or thin strips of metal like bits off a pepsi can or about .5mm ally First of you will need to get your design down on paper say a 45 deg cut sandwich some different colour material and you will be surprised you could also stick a bit of your sandwich on each end of your blank like this it is so simple http://www.penturners.co.uk/other-material-turned-items/17709-two-new-simple-segmented-pens.html and once you have done that the ideas will cone flooding in some will work some wont some will take a few atempts to tune them up it is a lot of trial and error good luck and happy segmenting

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
Good luck with your first segmented pen Glen, it is fun to do and as said, the possibilities are endless. When your happy with what you've archived, post pictures. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).