• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Segmented bowl....sort of LOL

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
Following on from my admiration of the segmenting that gets done here on pen blanks by those like @alan morrison and the beautiful pens that get produced I made this bowl/platter.

Now I realise it's not really segmenting per se but it's what I had and I felt the pairing of the beech bowl blank with some panga panga I had would work, and for my first effort I thought I'd keep it simple both in terms of design but also in terms of making the overall blank to turn and then the turning itself - so here it is....

Padster

Attachments

• IMG_3481.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3482.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3483.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 22

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
That looks nice. I have a couple of small bits of Wenge but never thought of laminating it with something much lighter. I will have to give this a try. šŸ˜‰