• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Shed time

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Am I alone or is anyone else finding that shed time is limited. Even though I have some woodturning to do as well as some metal machining to do shed time seems to be lacking. It is either too cold or like me mostly trying to get the garden started as well as planing seeds in the greenhouse, On a sunny day the greenhouse is just great as it warms up in there nicely(that is when the sun does shine :whistling: )

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
Am I alone or is anyone else finding that shed time is limited. Even though I have some woodturning to do as well as some metal machining to do shed time seems to be lacking. It is either too cold or like me mostly trying to get the garden started as well as planing seeds in the greenhouse, On a sunny day the greenhouse is just great as it warms up in there nicely(that is when the sun does shine :whistling: )
Not turned anything since before Christmas... My shed is metal and resembles a butchers walk in freezer.šŸ„¶. Roll on spring

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
All time seems to be at a premium.... I don't seem to have enough time at work or home, let alone anything spare.... Then I get more problems

Attachments

• IMG_20230311_085022.jpg
    IMG_20230311_085022.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 23

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
Spent yesterday pricking out seedlings despite the snow lying outside.
No heat in the greenhouse, but I have a heater in the workshop, so I'm able to work away in there.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Itā€™s just been too cold to go out in the shed for any length of time. A bit warmer today so hopefully I can get started on my long list of jobs.

kinverkid

First Name
Gary
I put a diesel (kerosene in my case) heater in the workshop this year for the first time in the 31 years of living here. Never needed one before but I am still suffering the temporary after-affects of a medication that makes it difficult to keep warm. Before I would just layer up and keep warm with activity. Now I can get it to warm up the workshop to around 17C. Still having to bring glue-ups into the house to get them to go-off when I come indoors though.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
All time seems to be at a premium.... I don't seem to have enough time at work or home, let alone anything spare.... Then I get more problems
Did the wind today take the rest down. I see a new hobby on the horizon Mark it is called fencing.

After posting the first one in this thread I have managed yesterday and today in the workshop metal working and sorting out. I do need to get some woodturning done as I need some extra stock for this years shows.

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
My workshop has been so flippin cold not been in it to make much.
I have a portable Bottle Gas Heater but it causes so much condensation by the end of the day everything is dripping wet : (

Decided to get myself a Diesel Cab Heater and will be fitting that this weekend.
I will post pictures etc when done and let you know how it goes :fingers:

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I have staked my fence with some metal angle so no more loses at the moment, as to fencing the wife quite likes the idea of me in a mesh mask and white coat... šŸ¤ŗšŸ¤ŗ

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Bloody gardening hate it astro turf and grsvel me lol workshop well insulated and electric oil rad worm as toast

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
That is cheating Woody. I am still gardening mainly in the greenhouse planting seeds and just started to pot on. Then into the workshop to clean up some metal after some turning. Back onto the milling machine this afternoon. Next week plans to get onto the wood lathe to replenish some stock for the upcoming events.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).