• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Short, quick fix for my broken lathe

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Buy another one - simples!!

Bllody well done and a huge thank you to Turners Retreat who pulled out all the stops to get it here (to what carriers class as a remote address) within 24 hours. And a huge thank you too to all of you who have helped me with your advice about the Myford. A local engineering company has the spindle at the moment and I'm sure they'll get it sorted, but it won't be for at least another week or so.

So, in the meantime, poorer, but business as usual!!:thumbs: Quiet too - won't need to sound the claxon before I start her up.:winking:

506e.jpg

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Well done TR. I am sure you will get on well with the little Jet, I have been very pleased with my somewhat earlier model.

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Nice little lathe Phil think it is the same one as my one the 1015VR? I agree with you re couriers we get hammered for delivery as for some reason according to them we are not on the British mainland the truth of the mater is they deliver to the the cities and then sub contract to local couriers which of coarse we pay extra for even though the big couriers say they deliver UK wide.

Citizens Advice Scotland report reveals 'delivery rip-off' - BBC News

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Well, its had a few pens off it today. VERY quiet, but whoever thought that a 6 inch tool rest was a good idea has never tried to batch turn pens before. Your 10 inch toolrest arrived today Petrol Peter - you are a star and you may just have saved my life, thank you. I realise the difference between the 1015 rest and the 1221 rest now - the stem is too long for the 1015. No matter - 6 inch toolrests may be the work of the devil but God had the foresight to invent grinders:thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).