• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Silicone Pen Mould

Jim

Grand Master
I was told as long as it smells like salt and vinegar chips it is OK.

Oh it smelled like vinegar Mark, but i have nothing else good to add ... :ciggrin:

Jim, do I understand correctly that you've thrown this mould out? Was the material no good?

Yes it is in the bin David, the blanks came out all shapes, even had a taper down its length. The silicone wasn't strong enough to hold the blanks shape. :thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
LOL ... All jokes aside I read on IAP about using reinforcement, ply plates and chicken-wire type netting. Worth a try? :nooidea:

I made one, the sides are about 3/4" thick it works ok, it took two tubes of silicon.

You are right guys, after this was made i knew that it would be to flimsy and wished that i had made it a tad more beefy. :whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).