• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Skull Grape Mesh

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
This is my first Skull pen from PSI. The blank is an acrylic acetate called Grape Mesh. This was commissioned by a friend. She originally wanted antique pewter, but the antique brass was 25% off, so she chose that instead. I like the kit, especially the red crystals. And I do think the antique brass looks good with the purple blank.

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
I didn't paint anything, because I knew the bodies would be very thick. But it looks almost like a hint of the tube showing in the lower body. I can't tell for sure, it might just be a different shade of purple. Regardless, I think it compliments the brass on the pen.

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
Nice one Jim, that purple really does match :thumbs: I've a couple of those exact kits here waiting for me to pick the material. One's for me and the other is for the sister in law whose also a skully person. I was thinking a wood that's associated with Pirates, but yet to figure out which exactly. Cocobolo is currently top of the list though. You're making me think I should have ordered a couple more to make with acrylics too!

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
Nice one Jim, that purple really does match :thumbs: I've a couple of those exact kits here waiting for me to pick the material. One's for me and the other is for the sister in law whose also a skully person. I was thinking a wood that's associated with Pirates, but yet to figure out which exactly. Cocobolo is currently top of the list though. You're making me think I should have ordered a couple more to make with acrylics too!

How about oak or teak? Both are nautical woods.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).