• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Colin JC Cunningham

Apprentice Member
First Name
Colin
Apart from Pen Turning I also make a few other items which I sell through various online platforms.

Both are wood related but also contain Sterling Silver. Having trained as a Silversmith, my pation for wood had to be incorporated.

The first product are my Bent Wood Sterling Silver Core Rings.
Crafted from Sterling Silver sheet, I craft each Silver core to the required ring size, then steam bend carefully selected wood veneers around the ring and then shape and finish on the lathe. With a few techniques I have honed over a good few years I have created a set of rings that I am very proud of and can say that they are 100% Handmade.

View attachment 31069

The second is also jewellery related, but the lathe doesn't come into play, just precise measurement and cutting.

My Sterling Silver and Wood Cufflink range is growing, and Inam currently in the process of designing a few more styles.

View attachment 31070

I am also toying with the idea of adding Sterling a silver and Wopd pendants to the range of jewellery, but all in good time.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
I do like those cufflinks Colin. I was chatting to another member last week about the ones he makes too. God, we're gonna have to have a cufflink sub-forum at this rate.

Colin JC Cunningham

Apprentice Member
First Name
Colin
Thank you Phil.
The cufflink market is very large, but pretty much dominated by the mass produced. I'm delighted to have introduced these to my range and they seem tonne doing well so far despite the amount of cheaper alternatives on the market.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).