• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Some boat progress

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
No we haven't THANKS for the link, we'll have a look into that.

Our biggest worry is with her epilepsy, we could be wrong but we feel that with a narrow boat holiday, we could be stuck in the middle of knowhere with no mobile coverage & no access for an ambulance.

She has severe & complex epilepsy so we always need to be able to call an ambulance to get her to hospital in an emergency, We had to call ambulance out on our last camping trip at 1.30 in the morning to take her to hospital.

I can understand your dilemma. It’s a worry for anyone, but with careful planning, you should be able to pick overnight mooring sites that are close to road bridges, and if you take a GPS tracker, (the sort they use on expeditions) you’ll always have a precise position to give the emergency services. Pearsons canal guides and Nicholson maps are very detailed. Maybe a day trip with Lyneal Trust could be useful taster trip.

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
No we haven't THANKS for the link, we'll have a look into that.

Our biggest worry is with her epilepsy, we could be wrong but we feel that with a narrow boat holiday, we could be stuck in the middle of knowhere with no mobile coverage & no access for an ambulance.

She has severe & complex epilepsy so we always need to be able to call an ambulance to get her to hospital in an emergency, We had to call ambulance out on our last camping trip at 1.30 in the morning to take her to hospital.

I can understand your dilemma. It’s a worry for anyone, but with careful planning, you should be able to pick overnight mooring sites that are close to road bridges, and if you take a GPS tracker, (the sort they use on expeditions) you’ll always have a precise position to give the emergency services. Pearsons canal guides and Nicholson maps are very detailed. Maybe a day trip with Lyneal Trust could be useful taster trip.

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul

THANKS for the info Ray, we'll definitly look into it some more because it's something Jackie is longing to do.

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
What a great project and it’s looking like it will be a great result with a lots of happy times afloat..

Does it have a name yet?

Kevin

It’s been a long time time in the planning and we can’t wait. In case of any confusion, I won’t be fitting it out or anything, it’s being built up in Liverpool. Already got next years jaunt planned, 3 weeks from Derby to around Ellesmere in Shropshire. It’s going to be called Top Cat owing to the fact that we will have 4 cats onboard :thumbs:

KevinMc

Graduate Member
First Name
Kevin
It’s been a long time time in the planning and we can’t wait. In case of any confusion, I won’t be fitting it out or anything, it’s being built up in Liverpool. Already got next years jaunt planned, 3 weeks from Derby to around Ellesmere in Shropshire. It’s going to be called Top Cat owing to the fact that we will have 4 cats onboard :thumbs:

Oh I think I have read the book...PUSS IN BOATS :banana:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I have seen on the net or somewhere a disposal ,user cat scratch area. We are a two cat family of inside only cats located next to a very busy thoroughfare. a year or so back our 9th cat died at 19yrs. We wish you will enjoy your cats to the full mate.Dogs have masters cats have slaves.:thumbs:

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).