• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Some bowls

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
Afternoon,

Brought down a lovely (but too large for the house) Cherry in October last year.

Some of the Cherry was full of inclusions, and stunning patterns. Larger one is 7" by 3.5", smallest 3" by 1". Middle one is ......

The 'normal' bowls were cut with a bowl saver. Larger one is 9" diameter by 4" deep, smaller 4" by 2" deep.

Some of the Cherry was full of inclusions, and stunning patterns. Larger one is 7" by 3.5", smallest 3" by 1".

I've been playing around with mixing wood in bowls - spalted Sycamore and Cherry bottom, 8" by 3" deep.

Other one is Cherry top with, I think a fruit wood bottom. Five inches by 3".

Take a look. Offer a critique.

Thanks.

Chriscb.

Attachments

• 160525_bowl-5-_3t-web.jpg
    160525_bowl-5-_3t-web.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 160525_bowl-35-_3t-web.jpg
    160525_bowl-35-_3t-web.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 160525_Bowl-27_3_web.jpg
    160525_Bowl-27_3_web.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 160525_Bowl-18_3-web.jpg
    160525_Bowl-18_3-web.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 59

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Lovely array of bowls great timber and ideas thanks for all the pics Chris like the mixing of timbers the colours and shapes. Thanks for sharing indeed.

Peter.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
They are all very nice, but the last one is a real belter:thumbs:

Peter

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Al very nice and if they were mine would be very proud of them, great to see such a collection of shapes, sizes and wood.

Thanks for sharing.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I like the first two lots of bowls but the last ones with the different wood is not for me. Having said that they are all well turned and finished.

There is some lovely grain and colour in the wood you have used

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
Gorgeous work Chris [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).