• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Some handles and tamper for my coffee machine

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Love what you have done if you want to make your own coffee bean blanks try this I used to make acrylic pen blanks but never used a pressure not ever just used a hot air gun and stood my moulds on me fretsaw table the vibration soon got shot of any bubbles I even made my own moulds out of silicone sealer and corn starch and it all works

steveng91

First Name
Steve
Love what you have done if you want to make your own coffee bean blanks try this I used to make acrylic pen blanks but never used a pressure not ever just used a hot air gun and stood my moulds on me fretsaw table the vibration soon got shot of any bubbles I even made my own moulds out of silicone sealer and corn starch and it all works
Thanks @TVS I do fancy trying it. Any recommendations for a resin to use? I would need roughly a 50mm x 50mm mould. I've read that I'd probably need a deep set resin. It's all new to me. Ideally I'd like to use a clear resin as opposed to the white stuff. Thanks Steve

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Thanks @TVS I do fancy trying it. Any recommendations for a resin to use? I would need roughly a 50mm x 50mm mould. I've read that I'd probably need a deep set resin. It's all new to me. Ideally I'd like to use a clear resin as opposed to the white stuff. Thanks Steve
Sorry m8 lost toutch now havenā€™t done any for a few years now