• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Something done

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Well while I can't do any standing and lathe work all of my bits have arrived that I ordered so I can at least have a play with my Airbrush system so I loaded it up with some proper airbrush black paint and set to two pieces of paper the other one only has lines on both side so binned it this one also had a load of lines and dots on both sides but at least it gave me some practice.

Here are my findings so far

Anyway today I set up the unit and decided to have a practice using only black paint started with doing lines and getting use to the double action on the airbrush and soon found out where I turned off the paint and air at the same time as when I went to do the next line I would get a small splatter, so that was lesson 1.
Now I tried to do the same but at different distance from the paper yep that seemed to work but by this time the airbrush appeared to be playing up then remembered that the paint dries at the tip lesson two learnt.
After a lot of this line drawing I decided just to have a play at one of the stencils I made just for a break well even then another lesson be careful of getting over spray. Well that was my first introduction to this here airbrushing lark and I realise that I still have a lot to learn OH well one day at a time take it easy don't rush and yes the exercises are there for a reason so will keep at them until happy to attempt anything on a lovely turned master piece.
At least even though it is mainly repetitive I have enjoyed the first day of this Airbrushing

Laugh if you want to:funny:

Attachments

• DSCF7150.JPG
    DSCF7150.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 33
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).