• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sorry if this is too much of a ramble!

steveisfound

Registered
First Name
Steve
Cheers Allen!

I have spoken to quite a few now and will be getting the Axminster one.... hopefully it will be a "breath of fresh air"!

Well done it is a lovely piece. On the respirator front I have heard good things about the Axminster. I have a Trend and yes it is quite heavy but one does get used to it.

steveisfound

Registered
First Name
Steve
Thanks George! So glad you are ok after the flying lump of wood incident! Doesn't time fly as well? 12 months seems to have gone by in a blink!

Well done Steve. I've only been turning for 12 months and recently got the Axminister helmet, which may have saved my bacon when a big lump of wood came off the lathe and tried to club me to death. I'm really glad I got it. Congratulations on your success.
George

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thanks Derek! I will be getting the Axminster one as well. Any recognition for turning is reward in itself!

Like any battery operated item it is remembering to keep it charged as it is no good if it is flat when you come to use it first thing in the morning. When I brought mine I also brought the outer filter and also a pack of visor overlays better to replace those than the main shield due to scratched. I am still using the one I put on there when I got it. I find it so easy to walk into the shed and before starting just pop it on better than having separate goggles and mask. It comes in its own storage box and that is where mine stays until I need it

steveisfound

Registered
First Name
Steve
Like any battery operated item it is remembering to keep it charged as it is no good if it is flat when you come to use it first thing in the morning. When I brought mine I also brought the outer filter and also a pack of visor overlays better to replace those than the main shield due to scratched. I am still using the one I put on there when I got it. I find it so easy to walk into the shed and before starting just pop it on better than having separate goggles and mask. It comes in its own storage box and that is where mine stays until I need it

Good idea Derek! I will be getting the same extras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).