• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Spare tubes

MarkNotts

First Name
Mark
Hi I have 3x pens I need spare tubes for...

The site i bought the pen kits from i wont mention names does not reply to emails or pick up their phone!

Searching the interweb yeilds sites that either dont sell the diameter i want or do but dont advertise the length so pretty useless.

I dont mind cutting the tubes to the right length and also would like to make other items like lanyard, braid beads ect.

The diameters I need are 8mm and 12mm

Any idea where I can get these from in fairly long sections without resorting to using Alibaba and waiting for over a month to receive them wrapped up in a bin bag sized ball of bubblewrap? ?

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
You really need to say which kits you bought, it will be far easier to find replacement tubes than just saying what diameter. If you are not happy with the seller then name and shame them especially if they won't respond to you, it may save someone else the same problem you have got.

Peter

EStreet

Registered
First Name
Ed
From the info posted I am almost 100% certain I know who is referenced but I can say it rarely ends well when the mud slinging starts.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
If a supplier won't respond then it is beneficial to others to know who that supplier is, so that we can choose to use them or not.

Peter

EStreet

Registered
First Name
Ed
That may be true but my interest is helping the OP find tube replacements. I respect their wishes in not naming vendors as he likely just wants a solution and low conflicts.

The mention of long sections brings up a few suppliers and some of them are not 100% compatible.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Kit names will be better to find replacements, it takes out all the guessing and assumptions.

Not naming a poor supplier is obviously a choice people have, but it doesn't help anyone else who deals with that supplier.

Peter

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Have a look here Mark

Pen kit spare tubes

I have more tubes than you can shake a stick at. Different tubes often fit many different pen kits but if you can't find what you need or you don't know what you need, just get in touch via the website or via PM, or give me a call - the number is on the website. I'll be happy to help if I can.

MarkNotts

First Name
Mark
Have a look here Mark

Pen kit spare tubes

I have more tubes than you can shake a stick at. Different tubes often fit many different pen kits but if you can't find what you need or you don't know what you need, just get in touch via the website or via PM, or give me a call - the number is on the website. I'll be happy to help if I can.

Thanks a bunch mate ive had a quick look and will be ordering some soon im just in a rush at the moment at work.

To others asking who it is i dont want to start slinging mud in such a public place, I enjoy this site it is one of the better ones, I have experience from having posts deleted and being booted from other sites for naming and shaming, truth doesnt always improve someones poor performance.

MarkNotts

First Name
Mark
Thanks to all for the replys, in my case it doesnt matter about the actual kit as I can cut them down to length, I have other projects that I can tailer to the tube diameter if i get a tube that is slightly too thin or wide on the inner wall. I just needed a site that sells tubes at 8 and 12mm at a longer length :)

Mark.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Just out of interest have you looked at your local model shops especially ones that do radio controlled models as the normally have a rack of different sized brass tubes in diameters up to 1/2"

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Thanks to all for the replys, in my case it doesnt matter about the actual kit as I can cut them down to length, I have other projects that I can tailer to the tube diameter if i get a tube that is slightly too thin or wide on the inner wall. I just needed a site that sells tubes at 8 and 12mm at a longer length :)

Mark.

If Phil does the longer lengths then I would get them from him. If he doesn't then this place does them.

Peter

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
If Phil does the longer lengths then I would get them from him. If he doesn't then this place does them.

Peter

That's a handy place to know about, but for anybody reading this thread hoping to match tubes to kits, it's not just the outside diameter you need to consider. It's the inside diameter that is paramount, and pen kits tend to use tubes with a wall thickness in the region of 0.25mm, not 1mm.

EStreet

Registered
First Name
Ed
The ID is the most critical part. Depending on the kit design you can have a good 13 mm variation in length, or more.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Yes sorry about that, I have used them in the past and just drilled and reamed them without a problem, I didn't even need to ream all the way through.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).