• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Spiritual Mulled Wine

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
This is a Spiritual pen from Signature Pen Supply, in antique rose copper. The blank is a Woodshed acrylic called Mulled Wine. I didn't know what to expect from a blank with a name like that, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Attachments

• done08.JPG
    done08.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 53
  • done09.JPG
    done09.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 53
  • done10.JPG
    done10.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 54
  • done11.JPG
    done11.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 53
  • done03.JPG
    done03.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 53
  • done04.jpg
    done04.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 51
  • done06.JPG
    done06.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 55
  • done05.JPG
    done05.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 53

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
This is the second Woodshed blank I've turned, and both have been rather brittle. They don't do well with my normally heavy handed turning style. But I took it easy, and got it done. They sure polish well.

Attachments

• chips.jpg
    chips.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 51
  • polished01.JPG
    polished01.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 50
  • polished02.JPG
    polished02.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 49
  • polished03.JPG
    polished03.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 51

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I know that feeling mate only I did not lose it to the brass. Lessons every day in cast blanks. I agree with everything you say about the kit and blank, nice to see at 2.45 in the morning.

Peter.

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
Well turned out pen there Jim. so that's what I am doing wrong, used to wielding heavy hammers. Will have to take it easier.

My problem is impatience. I try to take too much material off with each pass. With brittle acrylics, like this and inlace acrylester, I have to force myself to take light cuts.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Turning is such fun the material uncertain, just as well otherwise it would be just process work not great achievement Jim love the variety mate.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).