• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

St George's Fayre, Morley Rugby Club.

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
XXXX. Not one sold, went under prices seen sold by others. Only 3 or 4 people showed interest, no one offered to bid even, not a total loss sold a small spalted lidded box and a small natural edge bowl, total £9.00.

Jim

Grand Master
Sorry to hear this John, one thing for sure my friend, it wasn't due to the quality of pen ..

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
The main thing is not to be downhearted from this John, thats how it goes sometimes. The same show next time might see you selling 10 or 20 pens.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
You just can't predict these Craft Sales mate . Next time you could have a bumper day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 16

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Its a learning curve. One turner had several large pieces and he did about £70. Another said he did two shows last year, at one he did £200 at the next nothing. So I'm disappointed, but I learnt some thing about presentation.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Its a learning curve. One turner had several large pieces and he did about £70. Another said he did two shows last year, at one he did £200 at the next nothing. So I'm disappointed, but I learnt some thing about presentation.

It is disappointing John but don't loose heart mate. Pricing is a funny thing I have seen pens advertised at £30-£40 on various websites but around my neck of the woods you would be lucky to get £10-£15 . I never build my expectations up when going to a sale as the majority of the time you will come away dissapointed. Over the years you will get to know the ones where you do well and just target those.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
So sorry to hear that John. I have done shows that returned nothing and I have done shows that returned £200.
I am glad to hear you picked up some useful tips on presentation, the show was not a complete loss :thumbs:

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Its never a loss at this stage, just disappointing when you put a lot of effort in. Next time will be better prepared, although pen turning will take a back seat for a while. I have a few ideas that have been brewing for a while, time to start turning them in to reality.

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
I will add, there were some really nice pieces on the clubs stand that were well worth the money. The coloured and patterned items, as well as the arty pieces did quite well.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Put it down to experience mate, dust yourself off and make a load of stock ready for when they fly off your stall init?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).