• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Stabilising Wood

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Three very nice pens Paul :thumbs:
The pink doesn't look obvious as a marker pen stain, it looks more a natural occurrence

George Watkins

Registered
First Name
George
Thanks George, I see now, that makes sense. I didn't weigh the wood before/after but think that I'm getting a varied result as you say depending on the punkiness of the wood. I'll have to start weighing it and need to get my own scales before I start casting so yet another thing to order :thumbs:

Casting!!!.... that is bad news.... for me :sob:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Casting!!!.... that is bad news.... for me :sob:

Nah, you've got no problems from me George and you'll still see my address on your orders list for sure and maybe (hopefully) I'm going to book you up for a box lesson. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I think that's a load of ol tosh, the only nib I want to see is a Fountain pen nib.
A ballpoint nib is nothing to the asthmatics of the pen pic.
I am looking at the grain patterns, fit and finish of your fine work
I don't give a toss whether the nib is in or out, it don't detract from the pen or pic either way.

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
I think that's a load of ol tosh, the only nib I want to see is a Fountain pen nib.
I don't give a toss whether the nib is in or out, it don't detract from the pen or pic either way.

Totally agree, it's irrelevant whether it's on show or not.

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
If it's a pen the refill should be extended and the clip should be visible.

Les

I believe that should be prefixed with "In my opinion" since it is just your opinion and not a fact.

That concurs with my own opinion Brian. In my opinion whether the refill is visible or not is not a matter of any importance.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Wow stabilising sure brings out the passion Paul lots of good advice and info on treating timber thanks for directing the traffic.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).