• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Stool

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
A good mate has for years had an old stool in his engineering workshop which he uses rather than kneeling down when working on his projects.

Recently he had been doing quite a lot of work on his aging Range Rover to ensure it passed its MOT, unfortunately in his eagerness to get to the MOT station he reversed over his stool damaging it beyond repair, needless to say he has taken rather a lot of flack about it.

So as a jokey Xmas present & as I had some offcuts of Beech in the shop the other afternoon I turned him what can best be described as a milking stool.

Here it is drying after having had a fourth coat of Chestnuts hard wax oil, the splay in the legs is just over 2" in 15" though for some reason it doesn't look that much in the photos.

IMG_1409_zps86gfu61q.jpg

IMG_1411_zpsj9hg6js3.jpg

Sadly I'll not get to see his face when he unwraps it on Xmas morning but I imagine it won't be long after that that I get a text of one description or another :funny:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
A great looking Stool Doug should be ideal for what he wants. At first when I saw the title I expected to see something brown and cylindrical and smelly:funny::funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).