• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sycamore Root

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A piece of Sycamore Root with a touch of green dye to enhance what was a boring piece of wood.

Attachments

• syc.jpg
    syc.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 65

Jim

Grand Master
That is nice Paul, it has a tinge of Mother of Pearl to it .. Very good looking pen indeed .. :thumbs:

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
I'm beginning to think I might have to eat humble pie Paul, I actually like what you've done with that mate. Now where did I put that dye...........?

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Very flash mate. The grain is very well shown off by the addition of the green without being too shouty. :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Interesting looking timber.
Looks like the nib end is under turned?
Is the timber or the finish chipped just below the center band?

Les

The nib end is turned right at the end Les and its probably the finish that make it look like it doesn't marry with the nib. The chip is just a piece of looser grain which picked up a bit more of the dye which you can't see when the pen is in hand unless you actively look for it :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).