• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sympathy needed.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Tennant weather, from the local rag.

Cold snap for Tennant

IT might be nice weather for Pommies but Tennant Creek locals were left freezing this week after the temperature plummeted by more than 20 degrees in two days.

On Monday, it was a sunny 30 degrees but by Wednesday evening the mercury had fallen to a chilly eight degrees. The temperature gauge only reached 9.9 degrees, the coldest maximum for July ever recorded.

Bureau of Meteorology Forecaster Ben Price said the cold front was driven by a strong high pressure system in southern Australia and the Great Australian Bight. “Strong south-easterly winds were directed upwards into the Northern Territory,” he said.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
What a shame Mark, here in Newcastle the local guys take their shirts off when the temp reaches the dizzy heights of 8 deg C
As Ed says " put a jumper on "

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Mark your beginning to sound like a whinging pom...put a jumper on lad:kiss:

Singlet,shirt, jumper, jacket,oilskin vest and yellow raincoat.
Its raining, icy cold easterly wind blowing straight through me, I saw water coming out of the ground, reported it to the boss in his very warm orfice
" He said grab a spade and find out where it coming from"
So I go back there with a spade and the air was turning blue:rant::rant: I get back there and I see a couple bits of 1/2" thick PVC pipe.
I think beauty this is a plumbers job, The boss got the plumber in and poor bugger me had to supervise them for four flocken hours.:2cry::2cry:

Then some prick walks past in shorts and thongs and pink toe nail polish.:noway1:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Its raining, icy cold easterly wind blowing straight through me, I saw water coming out of the ground, reported it to the boss in his very warm orfice
So I go back there with a spade and the air was turning blue:rant::rant: I get back there and I see a couple bits of 1/2" thick PVC pipe.
I think beauty this is a plumbers job, The boss got the plumber in and poor bugger me had to supervise them for four flocken hours.:2cry::2cry:

Then some prick walks past in shorts and thongs and pink toe nail polish.:noway1:

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob

:funny::funny:Soft Ossie wimp :funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).