• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Table

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
The good lady wife has been wanting me to make some side tables for a while & as there was some turning involve I thought I'd make a start if only to break my drought from using the lathe.

The wood is Olive Ash, I bought a large section of trunk a few years back & had it planked, so the first job was to remove the bark which I did with my trusty hand axe

image_zpsxvlcx7uc.jpeg

After cutting & planing the timber the good lady's design called for some fancy jointing this is the first of a few glue ups.

image_zpsk3dzbhfy.jpeg

Once dry the legs were incorporated to make the base frame

image_zpsusogbv7f.jpeg

Then the fun bit turning the top, first the cove on the underside

image_zpska8ybkci.jpeg

Then truing the topside, I knew there would be a lot of colour variation but was really please to find rippling as well

image_zpsqvbi8a1k.jpeg

After a coat of acrylic sanding sealed & 3 coats of acrylic lacquer it was ready to take its place

image_zpswfdqvqog.jpeg

Just two more to make :thumbs:

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
Very nice Doug two more like that should be worth a massive amount of Brownie Points

Robin

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Honest luv I did it with my little hatchet I need some more machinery for the other two. Well it sounded good from over here Doug. Exceptionally neat table mate.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
In my years I have never been so impressed with a small table Doug when you finish it it should be a show stopper mate

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).