• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Tea Light Holder

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
More of an "upscale" than an out and out "turning" tbh. I am currebtly recycling an old curtain pole into tealight snowmen and wondered what I could do with the old end caps. The finial was removed and the hollow cut for the glass holder, a severe sanding back to remove the horrid original stain and voila, it's companonion is on the lathe getting attached to a glue block so I will have a pair at the end. Sanded to 600 and a simple paste wax finish.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MwEcAn]

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
That's pretty cool upcycling Freck, and a nice surprise underneath the stain. Just don't mention the C word yet - it's only October and you'll start a trend.:devil:

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
I really should proof read better than I do, seeing as you only get 15mins to edit a post, sooooo many typo's!!!

Thats the risk you take while cremating the tea and typing out posts at the same time, who said men can't "multi-task"!!!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).