• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Tetra Blue Swirl

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
This is a new to me kit called the Tetra, from Berea. It has a mesh stylus on the finial, and the finish is gunmetal and gold. The blank is an acrylic acetate called blue swirl. Very pretty blank. I made this for a friend who prefers "skinny" pens. But I really don't like slimline pens, so I chose this instead. I think she'll be pleased with it.

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
I was a little confused by the assembly instruction as regards the stylus. The instructions state, "6. Drill a 5/16” hole is a piece of wood to use as a press block. 7. Slide the stylus assembly into the small end of the finial. Place the finial over the hole you just drilled and press the stylus assembly into place. DO NOT press against the stylus tip. You will ruin it. Press this in until it protrudes out of the finial a short distance. Be careful here and check the pressing progress often to get the right length." I couldn't figure out what they meant until I realized the stylus needs to be pressed into the finial from behind. It was easy peasy once I realized how to do it.

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
It wasn't until I had the pen assembled that I realized my mistake. I put the gold trim ring on the finial upside down. I tried to disassemble it with a transfer punch, but it didn't budge. I don't know of a way to take it apart without ruining the blank, which I won't do. It's not that bad, and unless you're looking for it, I don't think you'd notice it. Oh well, I am human, after all.

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
The blank is actually cut from a 5" x 5" x 3/4" block of acrylic acetate. It was on sale for $6, and I should be able to get at least four blanks from it. I cut a 3/4" piece with my bandsaw.

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
It is a lovely blank and pen Jim, I have a little block like that for pressing the Omega to cover the threads, well done you. :thumbs::thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
A depth of wisdom and information there Jim.You are a pathfinder for this forum in so many new projects you undertake. Observing the use of that glove they have saved my aging fingers many an injury as well.

The pen should please with its versatility and style. Many thanks for this post mate.

Peter.

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Great looking pen Terry :thumbs::thumbs:

I really like these kits, although a little pricey in the UK but the best stylus pen available. :thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Our forum does not have a designated Librarian but the function you do provide is indepth pics and description that is Library worthy mate.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).