• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

The 2016 Australian Census!

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark

Food for thought

As you may or may not realise, the next Australian Census will be taken in one month’s time on Tuesday, 9th August, 2016.
For the first time this year there will be a “No Religion” option. Please be careful how you answer this question. Bear in mind that although many Australians have no religion these days, the Muslim population in Australia will all declare that they are Muslim and this fact will be counted to ascertain what type of country we are in regard to religion.
Even though you may now have no religion, please consider entering the religion you were christened or born into, when answering this question. Otherwise in time Australia will officially be declared to be a Muslim country – because the Australian Bureau of Statistics Census will reflect this. Just imagine the repercussions if that were to happen.
For Australia’s future I would ask you to please pass this message on to your family members and friends

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
That's a very good point Mark, I'll pass that on to my two sisters who live down under. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter

Food for thought

As you may or may not realise, the next Australian Census will be taken in one month’s time on Tuesday, 9th August, 2016.
For the first time this year there will be a “No Religion” option. Please be careful how you answer this question. Bear in mind that although many Australians have no religion these days, the Muslim population in Australia will all declare that they are Muslim and this fact will be counted to ascertain what type of country we are in regard to religion.
Even though you may now have no religion, please consider entering the religion you were christened or born into, when answering this question. Otherwise in time Australia will officially be declared to be a Muslim country – because the Australian Bureau of Statistics Census will reflect this. Just imagine the repercussions if that were to happen.
For Australia’s future I would ask you to please pass this message on to your family members and friends

I always declare my Religeon. When my Mum and Dad used to it was like most people nominal religeon only in that they attended Weddings, Funerals etc but never graced the buildings or the faith in any real way, hence so many Aussies will be hesitant to declare. My son in law is Muslim but never attends.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I was thinking Mark I met a descendant of the old Cameliers who helped pioneer the outback he was from the Muslim men who seemed so hardy they went where few other men would and became beaut citizens. What is your experience with them?

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The guy I met in Mt Gambier was descended from the Afghan fellows they used to transport the Sandalwood to the coast for overseas export (native Sandalwood). Sometimes I forget with my Grandfather born in 1880, Dad in 1906 me in 34 our family connectin in Australia goes back to the 1840,s so many things I take for granted, old hat now.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I understand from friends overseas people seek out the camels from the territory, buying them to take to the middle east for racing there.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).