• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

The Substitute.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
That is one mighty fine pen Ed well done me ol cocker as a thought for you when we lived in lincs a local posh car hire business R / R I used to supply him with in white and ivory fountain pens, ball point pens for guest to put there comments in the book perfume atomizers, perfume applicators (pens) oyster clocks, and I gave him a card with slices of all the different color gem stones for bridesmaid, best man, parents gifts also I used to supply a Taylor in Kent with all manner of wedding accessories just a few ideas for you to kick around the R/R car hire was the most rewarding of the lot and you could put your prices up in them sort of places

Thanks Woody both you and Steve have got me thinking on how to expand on this side of pen turning .:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I also used the 2" alternative Ivory with the 2" gold box hinges to make wedding ring boxes for the females ring and Tortuous shell for the mans ring I can post some picks for you if your interested

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I also used the 2" alternative Ivory with the 2" gold box hinges to make wedding ring boxes for the females ring and Tortuous shell for the mans ring I can post some picks for you if your interested

Yes please.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Stunning pen Ed, looks really well turned and finished superbly.

If you do the wedding sets, think about having the top of the pen boxes engraved with who's wedding it is and who the gift is for.

Or alternatively you could put an engraved plate on the top of the lids. Worth thinking about making them special and unique, just like your pens...

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Stunning pen Ed, looks really well turned and finished superbly.

If you do the wedding sets, think about having the top of the pen boxes engraved with who's wedding it is and who the gift is for.

Or alternatively you could put an engraved plate on the top of the lids. Worth thinking about making them special and unique, just like your pens...

Cheers , Silver ....another great idea worth consideration.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Ed here are the ring boxes ans oyster clock they ate 12 years old now the one in the middle is my wedding ring box which is the same on the inside as the other one on the right Violet will sort the other bits out latter
DSCF1511 (2).JPG

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi Ed here are the ring boxes ans oyster clock they ate 12 years old now the one in the middle is my wedding ring box which is the same on the inside as the other one on the right Violet will sort the other bits out latter
View attachment 1858

Ah ..I expected square plain wooden boxes ..should've known they would be much more sophisticated coming from Woody ! These are brilliant and would be ideal for display next to the pens etc. Hope Mrs Ed won't mind me shifting a few cakes around the shop so I can get all these ideas displayed !!:thinks:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You never know Ed she may want some for herself with a big fat diamond ring inside :banana::banana::banana:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Seek and ye shall find: here they are at Snaintons.

There was loads cheap at Turners retreat last week I am suprised nobody saw them or wanted them until you see what they do.
Taint just Terry who's a plonker is it?
Why dont you use your cnc machine to make your own with just a hinge pin?

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
There was loads cheap at Turners retreat last week I am suprised nobody saw them or wanted them until you see what they do.
Taint just Terry who's a plonker is it?
Why dont you use your cnc machine to make your own with just a hinge pin?

That's the joy of this forum, Brian - the thought never entered my mind until. I saw what Woody did with them. My thoughts now would be to go more along the lines of Doug's pagoda box without the complexity - a simple 'lip and recess' fit rather than a hinge, but it's worth knowing your options.

My name is David and I am a plonker. May I join your group please, Mr. Chairman Sir? What's that you say- I was already a long-standing member? Well that's alright then. :funny::funny:

Jim

Grand Master
My name is David and I am a plonker. May I join your group please, Mr. Chairman Sir?

You are heading in the right direction David, i think you will be joining the group without waiting for the invitation, keep it up my friend ... :funny::funny:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You are a born natural plonker David I'm so pleased you have found your place in life its good to belong to be part of making others feel complete :funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Fellow
View attachment 1858

Wow Woody, they are brilliant, what a brilliant idea. :thumbs: Right up ED's street and if you excuse me, I might have a go at it as well

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).