• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

The Tempest

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Phil Dart at Beaufort Ink is introducing a new range of pens which he has personally designed and had made up.

He kindly sent me one of the new range to have a go at called the "Tempest".

I have dressed it in Redwood Burr. As you can see it is a clicker pen and I must say that the Clicker mechanism appears to be very substantial as are all of the components of this well designed kit.
They come complete with a Beaufort Ink Refill.

I tended to steer clear of Clicker Pens as I found that the mechanisms have always been a bit ropey. I sat playing with this mechanism for a good hour or more until our Aud gave me a rollicking and the mechanism was sound.

I believe that Phil is on Holiday at the moment but has a stock of these kits ready to put on his website. I don't know what price they are going to be but I am sure he will give us Forum members a bit of discount :wink:.

I think he has them in Gold, Gun Metal and Chrome.

All in all a cracking kit if you are looking for a new style clicker.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It looks lovely:thumbs:

You beat me to it, I will try to turn mine tomorrow. I really like click pens and have never had the problem others have had with them, so I am really looking forward to this kit. I have had lots of people ask why most ball point pens are twist pens which they find less convenient to use than a click pen.

Phil said that they would be around the £7.00 mark.

Peter

Bigblackdog

Registered
First Name
Mark
i have a gold one that i will try and turn tomorrow and a bit of cumberland ebonite. I had to wait for a drill bit to arrive.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
First sighting Vic its a success, simple design, like the contrasting kit and timber. From the picture it appears longer than normal, does it fit in the average pocket?. If it does Nurses Doctors Professionals on the run will love them.

There are but few great clickers I know of so far. Always amazes me the throw away clickers seem to work faultlessly .Love the pen.

Peter.

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
I was waiting to see what it looked like. Had a few queries on clickers but had to resort to the stable suggestions of Stratus/Vertex/Spartan, which aren't to a few peoples tastes. I've and order to place for Mistrals when Phil is back, hope they're up then :whistling:

Jim

Grand Master
The penturning fraternity has been waiting a long time for a solid clicker pen, hopefully this looks like what we have been waiting for .. :wink:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Nice looking pen Vic. I saw the gold one and it did not look good but the chrome looks much better. This looks like it could be a good seller as long as the click mechanism hold up not like many I have seen which have failed.

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Lovely job Vic, I've had a few folk enquire about clickers but there's not a lot on the market that they like when I've shown them, this should fill that gap nicely.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).