• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Things look promising for the Cake Box Light Box Mk1

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I wish I could new what I was talking about but as someone who just has to say something... how about putting a white sheet over the top and then lighting it with a strong light?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Morning Ed,

Many a good tune is being played on an old fiddle so your camera seems up to the task, a comment about double or more flashing the idea of the preflash is to narrow down the black part of the eye to reduce the reflectivity in the back of the eye causing red eye pics, I doubt your pens will suffer from this.

Just a week or so ago I bought a sheet of WHITE Cardboard after years and years of using copy paper 11 by 14 inches cause dammit it gives a slight caste, from what I can see of your cake box it will have fillers etc to repel cream etc and also may give you a caste in your pics. One such filler commonly used in paper products is the colour blue to trick the eye into creating a stronger white remember Reckits Blue Bags that did just that.

Flimsy is never a way to repeatability all photographers me included after well over 60 yrs of being one and qualified at that since the 60,s aim for what we call an endless background this means simply a means of creating a back curve from the flat anyway please go back over my contributions and look carefully at my open light box that for me has all the boxes ticked not just one cake box.

Ed I think from memory we had this conversation before and I wish you well in whatever you do. The answer my friend is keep it simple, sturdy enough to stand up to the years and strong enough to support overhead lighting etc.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).