• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Thought I better let you lot know

Paul

Fellow
Well done fella. Stick with it and work harder than the next man. There has been a shortage of hiring in the last 4-5 years consequently once you are qualified there won't be so many chaps around. You will therefore find there will be a strong demand and requirement for your skills for piece of mind. Plus clearly they are apprenticing you to go on a do " something " after you pass.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Good luck mate tell Mum you need a good hearty fry up every morning now your a working man LOL

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Good luck Alex, I hope you continue to enjoy it forever and then its not work.

Paul

Fellow
Good luck fella, stick with it, apprenticeship is better than a degree IMHO, gets into working quicker and you are respected. Is there a professional body in this field? if so become a member and aim to be incorporated, oh but enjoy your first day first....

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I clearly remember my first days as an apprentice in the 50,s life was so simple those days IMHO the pay was tiny but the experiences monumental. I married as a 4th year apprentice 59 yrs ago next month my time put on hold prior to this to perform National Service in the Army another unforgettable experience in character building. I cant remember anyone entering a trade with more prior experiences than you have had that should take you into the field, certainly oportunities abound, wishing you all the best mate in your life going forward Alex.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).