• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Thread in the actuator part of the pen

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The plot thickens which pen what kit mate. Bit like going in for a spare part for a motor car questions need to be asked good luck with your pictures easily worth many words.

Peter,

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
The plot thickens which pen what kit mate. Bit like going in for a spare part for a motor car questions need to be asked good luck with your pictures easily worth many words.

Peter,[/QUOTE

Ah thought they would all be the same, i got into pen turning about 2 years ago, had a spurt of making a few then other things took over. I can't remember where i got them from.
I was going to make a small slide hammer to take the twist mechanism out as i want to polish thew wood up again, nit that it was good the first time i did it.

This past few weeks i have got back into it and really enjoy it. I made a slim line pen with ebony and the shine i got on it using friction polish was some thing else. I tried super glue for polish and got one right out of about six, plus it stinks like hell, bloody awful smell. I also like to keep the wood natural.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter

Peter,[/QUOTE

Ah thought they would all be the same, i got into pen turning about 2 years ago, had a spurt of making a few then other things took over. I can't remember where i got them from.
I was going to make a small slide hammer to take the twist mechanism out as i want to polish thew wood up again, nit that it was good the first time i did it.

This past few weeks i have got back into it and really enjoy it. I made a slim line pen with ebony and the shine i got on it using friction polish was some thing else. I tried super glue for polish and got one right out of about six, plus it stinks like hell, bloody awful smell. I also like to keep the wood natural.

It sounds like you want to dismantle the pen, if so you don't need to know what the threads are. To dismantle the pen you need to use Transfer punches, but it would be better to post a photo of the pen you want to dismantle in case there are specific problems using transfer punches with that kit. You can see a pdf in the Tutorials how to dismantle a pen.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).