• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Time to go

jttheclockman

Hello all

First let me say I did not start this thread for any dramatics of any sort. I started this thread to inform people that if they post questions to any of the threads I started I may not be here to answer. Plain and simple.

Second I am not running away from anything. What I am trying to do is ward off any problems arising here because of my posts. This is a very nice site with a whole lot of nice people here. I joined because I love the fact that the site deals with penturning. It is designed around just that. As evidence has proven there are some really talented turners here.

Recently I picked up on some tones that lead to destructive paths. I deal with personalities all day on the job site but the difference is the tone of one's statements is able to be perceived more easily when face to face. With the typed word it is very difficult to have the same feelings. Yes we try to compensate for this with the smileys and things but they go just so far. I realize the wording here is somewhat different than in the states, which is understandable.

Jim, please, by no means change a single thing here. You have a very nice site and a very nice group of people here. From what I have seen they get along just fine. I again do not want to interupt this.

I know there are some here that know me from other sites because I do visit many, both penturning, woodworking in general and scrollsawing sites. But I also know you. You are entitled to your perception of me but make one thing certain I am always willing to help anyone any time if I possibly can.

Maybe I will stop by sometime and post some new pen I made that I am really giddy about. It still is a penturning site.

As I said before may you all have a Happy New Year. Keep those lathes spinning.

Now someone here was talking about having a BEER here. That I would say is the universal language and sounds like a splendid idea. Cheers.

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for popping back in here John, I and many others here hope you do come back showing us your work both past and present as it does inspire us to go to a new level .. There are other quality turners in this forum who already does this which i can only say is good for the forum .. You guys are what this forum is about, since this forum has been running me personally has learned so much, seeing Woody post up his bowls has given me the urge to get in there and try my hand at what he is very good at, but the biggest thing for me is knowing that he will be in these forums offering his helping should i need him, and so would many others .. I don't know your age John, but i mention Woody as he is very quick to offer his help to any member who is asking for help or tips, something i have seen you doing since you joined us, and the reason i mention age is that i know Woody's age and the vast experience that comes with it, and something tells me you have been doing this a long time also, and losing your experience does not help what we are about ...

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
John I think I may know which posts you are alluding to, but please reconsider your discicion to leave the forum, a great many members ..including myself... look forward to reading you posts and viewing your photographs.

Ed

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
John,

Since today is yesterdays tomorrow we are 12 hrs behind the brits you are around a day it means by the time a new post occurs it could be a while before you get a chance to catch up with. I am very aware you asked for heaps of replies to each proposition or for expressions these will come or be diverted or misunderstood whatever.

The bottom line is we all need time to never assume the way people say things is in good humour or getting a rise out of someone, sometimes a word to a contributer could solve any doubts you have probably welcomed.

On the first forum I joined my son in law (one of many) from the UK used a moniker Whinging Pom he chose it he and I often swapped jokes via the forum one particular assistant to the owner never even checked when I addressed wingeing pom thought I had overstepped the mark using that form of address verbally abused me to such an extent I felt like driving the 400 miles to where he and the forum hang out and sort him out.

So the moral of the story is always get the true facts as in cricket before making a declaration.

I have different views to you in some things so what I still always view each pen made as some thing that was created for some reason deserving attention which it gets. The invitation to view your pens has been noted and answered quality and good pics.

I make no appeal to you what you should do with regard to contributing on this forum rather as a consenting adult give it a go.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).