• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

To Complete my mods NEW CHUCK arrived this morning.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Following the making fitting of the dust collector on the Tool Rest of the Vicmarc VL100 yesterday after the Melboune Cup David from Timberbits rang me and sent my new chuck engineered with my lathe spindle size integral and an adapter for another chuck. They arrived 9 am today.

Some pics of how I will use the lathe. I have over 500 sticks over 30 yrs cut and dried to make Lace Bobbins and Hair Pins.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
For me it is part of what I will do only, fun really but it pushes the creative juices makes it all worth while. I did not know of the dedicated two jaw chuck before it made me quite excited I can tell you. Busy around here SWMBO turns 80 this weekend.

Tonight is prize giving at my Wood Guild Annual Exhibition, we get free huge space in conjunction with the Annual Working with Wood Show that commences tomorrow.Thats where I will be all day, normally as a steward but three days standing is too much for me. I will try tomorrow to get some pictures. Used to cost us 15000 to set up an annual exhibition seemed like forever plus. so like Manna from heaven when the Show people approached would we care to set up for free each year.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).