• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Today's attempts to keep me out of the pub

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I never use polish on acrylic. The abrasive compound that I use is so fine that I get a lovely finish without the need for polish !!!

Some use a polish to avoid finger prints, not sure it works or for how long but let them spend their money init?
microcrystalline sounds like another con to me.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Some use a polish to avoid finger prints, not sure it works or for how long but let them spend their money init?
microcrystalline sounds like another con to me.

Car polish or a cutting compound saves me a lot of time and effort going through all the grits. Its down to 600 grit and then polish for me.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Sorry Robert for nicking your thread and taking off bonk.
Good efforts that kept you from the pub init?

Car polish or a cutting compound saves me a lot of time and effort going through all the grits. Its down to 600 grit and then polish for me.
Agreed Paul but none of these methods are new or innovative, it's all grit init?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Sorry Robert for nicking your thread and taking off bonk.
Good efforts that kept you from the pub init?

Agreed Paul but none of these methods are new or innovative, it's all grit init?

oh sure, its all preference and everyone has their own method.... its just that mine is best :funny::funny:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Anyway Robert you have produced two lovely pens my friend well done please just ignore us old un's and we will eventually go away LOL

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Now the idea of the segmented pen is superb and looks spot on apart from the under cutting of the nib, but you already know that.

Otherwise it would have been top marks all the way..:thumbs:

The Corian looks like a good recovery as well:thumbs:

Both great looking pens and the CA finish I will not comment as I hear what you are saying, the old ones just don't understand. I think it's the dementia kicking in..:devil:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).