• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Tool/machine tips

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
Matthew the owner of the Workshop Heaven is a nice young man with a cast iron guarantee, he also has some very nice tools, its where I bought my cabinet makers chisels, my Ashley iles all rounder and my plane, he ships to Australia and if you need to talk tooling with him he is happy to do so.

PG

Last edited:

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Rust used to be a problem in my old workshops over the years. As a result a lot of my small tooling is kept in airtight “clip lock” food containers. My current workshop is not too bad but larger stuff gets a coat of wax if needed. Camellia oil is good for measuring tools and I’m sure it would be good for taper tooling between use if needed.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).